Saturday, March 17, 2012

Lori and Rob's Wedding

My sister-n-law, Lori, got married today!
It was a beautiful moment. I have never been to a small house wedding before today...and I loved the concept! (Not sure you could have talked me into a small wedding when I was 21 getting married....but you totally could now!) Eliminates so much extra...although you still can have all the fun...the dresses and the cake! 22 total people attended...just family. It was beautiful, relaxed and just perfect.
They got married at Rob's (the groom) brothers home. That house is AMAZING...inside and out! The backyard overlooks the Arkansas River.
These little cupcakes were from a bakery in Little Rock and the icing was so rich and wonderful. The flowers on this table were all the bouquets that the girls carried.
Rob (the groom) has two children...Hill and Lilly. My kids are SO genuinely excited about their new cousins. Really sweet. Rob, Hill and Lilly are a really special addition to our family. Looking forward to more time spent together.
Here are a few pics of the prepping.
The girls had a free for all in Lori's makeup!
Wow! All the gorgeous girls!
And that view! The pictures don't do it justice!
The wedding coordinator made Lawson a little bouquet to carry even though she wasn't in the wedding. What a sweet thought! She loved it and carried it around the entire time!
How cute are these two?!
Love this candid shot of the kids hanging out before the ceremony!
Rob (my Rob) and Lori. Rob performed the ceremony and he did a great job. It was really a neat moment watching these two families come together to begin a new family unit together.
This pic of the Hudson and Hill just melts my heart. They really hit it off. I asked them if I could take their pic...and this is how they posed. I'm so glad...they both have big personalities and it could have gone either way. I think Hudson is REALLY glad to have a male companion on the Buie side. They both breathe sports so they have so much in common.
These girls really all hit it off too. It was just really an amazing weekend....watching the new relationships in our family develop. God is so good.
I love this one of the girls helping Lori with her dress and Rob and Hill holding hands.
We ate lunch together after the ceremony.
This meal was de-lish. Rosemary pork tenderloin, wild rice with almonds and craisins, and these roasted cheesy vegetables! Yum...and beautiful presentation.
Then the kids took off to play in their Sunday best. Which I think makes the best pics...looks so like something you would see in a Pottery Barn Magaine.
Then we took a few group shots outside. This one cracked me up...what is my son doing?!
It was really bright. Love the boy holding his eyes (he was one of Rob Fisers nephews).
Here are a few pics of our family!
Happy Day. So much to be thankfull for!
We love you Rob and Lori, Lilly and Hill, and wish you much happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment