Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Lawson's Basketball Debut

 I was really suprised when Lawson decided to pause gymnastics for awhile and try her hand at Basketball!  I have to admit that I was a bit worried... because she is 8 now and has never played a sport.  I imagined that most other 8 year olds who were playing basketball had probably played before.  And I also imagined that most of the players would be boys.  And I didn't want her to get run over! 
 My fear grew worse when we pulled up for practice. I ONLY saw BOYS and they were HUGE.  My heart started to beat fast...and I seriously thought about not letting her get out of the car.  But, I would have to explain why I wasn't letting her out and I couldn't think of what I would say fast enough that wouldn't put a dent in her confidence.  So, we got out.
 I was SO relieved to find out that the coach is coaching two teams:  an 11/12 yr old and a 7/8 yr old.  And the huge kids I was seeing were actually on the older team.  Sigh of relief.
Lawson did really well at practice and is one of the taller kids on her team.  She is a good shot too.  This is going to be fun for us!  She has never played a team sport! Go La!

No comments:

Post a Comment