Monday, July 16, 2012

Big News!

Robbie has been talking and praying with The church at Rock Creek in Little Rock, AR about a possible position over the last few weeks. 
 We found out TODAY that he is being blessed with the Worship Pastor Associate position there.   This is SUCH an answer to our prayer! 
 We have been praying and trusting God for the past 3 years to give Robbie a place to serve and use his gift!  It has not been an easy wait.  Many frustrating days.
 Looking back I can see ways God has used these 3 years to teach us some important things. 
We have been reminded of where we find out hope...not in our circumstances...but in Jesus' blood.  The more I understand HIS grace the more I am amazed by it. The better I extend it to others.
 We have been encouraged and refreshed in our life  purpose through the time we spent attending Keystone Church.  We are here on earth to serve and lead everyone to a passionate life in Christ.  This church has found an amazing way of keeping that fresh in attenders hearts and minds. My focus needs to be on building relationships and doing "things" that will give me an opportunity to point others towards him.  THIS is my #1 purpose.  I often don't live this way. Giving everything...time, money, resources to help others find life in christ. Keystone reignited this passion in me. 
We have learned to be somewhat better stewards of our finances....out of necessity...which is the only way I would learn this lesson.  We can trust God to provide when we don't see how he will.  His ways are so much bigger than ours. 
We have learned we can have joy even when things here are not our ideal.  
This song really sums up our journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment