Saturday, September 22, 2012

Hudson's 6th Birthday Party


 
We are still new to living in Little Rock/Bryant...so I really had no idea what we would do for Hudson's birthday party this year.  I asked Hudson if he had any ideas of what he might want to do...and I was all ready to throw out suggestions...but he immediately said he wanted a skating party.  So, it was pretty easy to pull his party together from there.   


His cousin, Morgan, has a birthday about a week after him.  She lives in Little Rock and she had decided to have a skating party as well.  When her mom and I talked we realized that we would both be planning skating parties on the same day...so we just went in together to rent out the skating rink and do their parties together.  Nice for the grandparents!
The kids still had seperate tables, cakes, invitations, gifts, etc.  It was just that the only people at the skating rink were people we had invitied.  Which was really cool! 
And because it was a private party...you could make it an ALL WHEELS party...so you could bring skooters, bikes, etc to ride on the rink!  Which was even MORE cool! 

 



Hudson and Morgan also got to put together their own playlist....so they got to skate to their favorite songs.  That was fun too!  Hudson has ony skated a handful of times...but he has caught on really quick.  Rob and I can't keep up with him on skates!



 











 













 He celebrated with LOTS of family and some of his new friends from school!  He got lots of cool stuff!  And had a wonderful time!  Thanks to everyone for helping this day be a wonderful celebration!

I added up that this is the 14th birthday party I have thrown for my kiddos!  THAT makes me tired just thinking about it!  But, I'm just amazed that there are so many fun and different things to do!  Each party has had a personality of its own and I'm so thankful that God always provides an idea/venue that is SO just right for my kiddo at that time.  Hudson loved this party!

No comments:

Post a Comment