Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Dance Recital

Another year of dance has come and gone for Lawson! She takes jazz, hip hop, tap and lyrical ballet.  Here are a few pics from Awards night.  


2nd year of dance at BKs Dance!  Way to go, La!
The next night was recital! Lawson was in 4 dances, plus a mom, dad, &daughter dance , and the finale.  So, she makes about 5 costume changes during the show!  Whew! But, I think that is her favorite part! 
 
 
 
Her hip hop costume was her favorite costume this year!

 
Mom/Daughter selfie back stage before our big Dad-Mom_Daughter dance!
She did great on all her dances!  She is second from the left in this shot!

 
Sitting in the audience a taking in a few dances in between her performances.



Thanks to Mimi, Nonie and Poppa for coming to watch the show!
(Clothing disclaimer:  Rob and I were in the show for an 80s dance number that was a dad, mom, daughter dance off. There wasn't really a good place for parents to change so we came dressed in our "costumes".   I got to channel my inner cheerleader mixed with some 80's MC Hammer.)
 Proud of this dancer! 

Here are a few video clips.  Lawson is on the far left of the stage...usually on the 2nd row.
 
 
And one last one....for your viewing pleasure.  But first a little back story.  Every year this studio has a tradition of a dad daughter dance.  Last year there was a sweet dad/daughter dance part...then the dad's broke it down to JTs Suit and  Tie song.  Really funny!  So, of course, I teased Rob relentlessly about it! And he was pretty appalled too...but Lawson wanted them to be in the dance...so he did it!  Well, Lawson started telling me about 2 months ago that this year Ms. Brooke was going to include the MOMS this year.  I was like...surely Lawson didn't hear correctly.  But, she was right!  I hated telling Rob...because I knew how much I teasing I was about to get!  SO...we were all three in the dance!  I did my best to secure  my place on the back row at every practice...but dress rehearsal night I get relocated to front row! Perfect! Never did I dream I would be dancing on ANY stage at this point in my life!  But, here goes...and you can't touch this! :)
 
And the finale!  Good luck finding La in this one!  There are so many classes coming and going...I couldn't keep up with her when watching from the second row!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment