Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving Break! 
We started off with an get together with the Buie side of the family. Judy made a wonderful spaghetti lunch for everyone! Yum yum!
Then the boys took off to hunt for a few days! Are they not adorable?!  Hudson was so proud to have his first pair of waders! (Thanks Nonie and Poppa!) 

I know nothing about hunting (and I'm fine with that!). When I saw him try them on...I asked Robbie "so if he falls down the waders will just fill up with water?".  He said, "Yep."  I'm thinking that it will be pretty tricky for an 8 yr old to walk through thigh deep water, with the attached boots sticking in the mud, and not lose his balance.  I'm thinking I just don't really see this working out.  Evidently, momma knows more about hunting that I thought!  Check the video!

While the boys were hunting, La and I headed to t-town to spend a few fun days with my sister, her kiddos and my parents! We spent 2 days hanging out and just playing outside enjoying the beautiful weather! It was so relaxing and wonderful!
I love this pic of La and her baby cousin Gibson!  She loves to play with him.  She would take a break every once in awhile and ride her bike.  He would look around and say "Oh no, Lawson." He wanted her to keep playing with him.  So sweet!  Made her day year!
We went to Spring Lake Park one morning.  With school being out and the gorgeous weather, I thought the park would be busy.  Nope! There was one other family there besides us.  Usually the ducks there are hard to interest in bread because I think eveyone that comes out there feeds them.  Due to the low turnout that day, they were HUNGRY! When we broke out bread they just stormed us!  It was hilarous and a bit daunting at the same time.  They just kept walking up out the of the lake and towards us....into our comfort zone!  I counted about 80 at one point.  If you took a step back, they took a step forward!  


Bubbles and nail polish kept us busy one afternoon.
We went on a lot of walks....usually one in the am and one in the pm.  The leaves on the trees were at their peek!  It was gorgeous!  

Look at the trees reflection on the lake!  So pretty!


Hudson and Rob joined us after they finished hunting! Hudson was so excited!  He wanted some cousin time before the Nalley's had to head to visit their Little Rock Family.







My mom was in the kitchen prepping thanksgiving dishes ALL day on Wednesday.  Loved seeing Little La helping her all day!  She loves to help, loves projects, and loves to cook!  So, this was right up her alley!  


There is NO filter used on these pics!  The trees were really this amazing!
We went of a walk and Brady said "yall keep walking and don't look at me....yall look like a magazine!"  After seeing the pics, I think he was right!  We kinda did.






Our crew was small this year.  Landry & Ashley and Steph & Eddie and their crews were all with other sides of their families this Thanksgiving.  My kids were super dissapointed to be the only kiddos there....but it was a super relaxing day.  Mom's lunch was so delish! And then we piled up in the living room and watched the Cowboys lose to the Eagles! Sigh.  Thank you mom and Lawson for cooking all day on Wednesday for us!

I am SO thankful for my family.  I have an amazing one!  Parents who have loved and unselfishly served me all my life.  Brothers and sister who shared a fun childhood with me and whom I'm blessed to be friends with as adults.  My In-Laws are huge blessings in my life...fun to be around and always willing to help!  My brother and sister in laws are such fun friends! Love how we all just fit right in!  I love that my kids love to spend time with  their cousins. I could go on and on....just really blessed with an amazing family.  Thank you God for this special treasure of family!



Mom set a beautiful table!  And I wish I could eat that food again right now!








It just isn't a holiday at my parents house unless their is man love on the sofa!  LOL!

My kids are so happy to walk and play with Brady and Valerie's dogs!  Pretty sure its their favorite part of the holiday!

We headed back to Little Rock to celebrate Gibson's 2nd Birthday the day after Thanksgiving!  He loves the show Mickey Mouse Clubhouse right now.  Pretty sure this party was heaven for him!  My sister outdid herself! Check out the cuteness!

Lawson has been counting down the days until Gibson's party....even volunteered herself to help Steph with the party.  She woke up sick the morning of the party and didn't get to go!  Everyone was SO sad for her!



Happy Birthday Gibson!  We love you!

And that's how you do Thanksgiving Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment