Monday, October 5, 2009

Brooklyn Comes to Visit

We were so happy that Brooklyn could come spend the day with us....while Steph and Eddie headed off to the Razorback game. Lawson has been asking me for weeks,
"How much longer til Brooklyn comes?" Her and Hudson were very excited about getting to spend a whole day with her...we just don't get to see her enough!
Lawson was reading books when Brooklyn woke up from her morning nap. Lawson was SO thrilled when Brooklyn climbed up in her lap to read with her.
"Mom!" she said, "Brooklyn climbed up here by herself and wants me to read to her!"
After lunch, we loaded up to go to a pumpkin patch. It was only 1 more child than we normally have, but Robbie and I both commented that it looked like quite a load of kiddos in our van! It was a load of happy kiddos though...which makes all the difference!
I thought this was a perfect photo opp....but only Lawson wanted to cooperate with the photo!
The other two kiddos were too busy! Don't you just LOVE fall?! It's my favorite time of year!
The whole gang!
Robbie and I have always wondered if we might have a third child. Or if that would just be too crazy for us! I think we were pretty proud of how we handled this outing with 3!

Brooklyn coloring her pumpkin
La and Hud painting their pumpkins.
This was a bit of a stress moment for me.
The kids were offered acryllic non washable paints to use on the pumpkins.
Who gives kids non washable paints?? Obviously, someone who has never done art projects with children! (It was a free event...so I shouldn't complain too much!) So, Robbie and I were on constant clothing protection patrole!
When we opened Brooklyn's suitcase,
we discovered that Lawson had the matching shirt to one of Brooklyn's.
So, we HAD to dress the girls alike to go to church Sat night.
It's hard to see in the photos....but their tops match exactly!
Lawson thought is was SO awesome to match Brooklyn.
I got SO many compliments at church....like "your girls are so cute!"
I have to confess....that it was SO fun to have people think that I had darling matching daughters that I didn't correct them. I enjoyed letting them think that they were my girls!
I have always had fun trying to coordinate La and Hud for church and special occasions.
But, of course their clothes are never exact replicas. So, this was really fun for me!
It was really hard to get a good shot of both of them....here are a few more attempts...


I LOVE her hair like this! Little Pebbles!
Come visit us again soon, Brooklyn!
We LOVE you!

No comments:

Post a Comment