Friday, October 30, 2009

Lawson's 9 Week Report Card

Here is La's Kindergarten School Pic!
I was really impressed! She did a good job smiling!

We got her report card today....and she is doing great!
I have been really impressed with all she has learned in just 9 short weeks!
(I had always heard that kids really just learned their ABC's in Kindergarten; and it was more for the practice of learning to be in a classroom, away from mom, and following rules. NOT the case!

Here is what she has learned:
* count to 100 and recognize #'s 1-100
* spell all colors and numbers (1-10)
* read 40 new vocabulary words (and, I, me, this, what, by, etc.)
* knows which letters are vowels and consonants
* knows how to count how many syllables a word has
* how to write correctly on dotted line paper
* very difficult patterning
*pledge of allegiance
*Texas pledge
*how to write the date (10-30-09)
*to recognize a sentence (starts with a capital and ends with punctuation)
*the parts of a book (cover, back cover, spine [which she called "spinder" until just recently], title page, author, and illustrator.)
*And about 20 new songs that go with shapes, numbers, letter, etc.
*names all the geometric shapes

I'm sure I am missing something...but that's a lot!
In fact, I just noticed her for the first time today sitting down with a rather wordy book and trying to read it out loud to herself. She knows a lot of the words and was doing a good job trying to sound out the ones she didn't know. I can't believe my baby is reading!

Today was "dress up like what you want to be when you grow up day."
She wants to be a teacher. I was a little stumped on how to dress up like a teacher. I told her to go look in her closet and see if she had any "teacher" clothes. She came back with this dress. She said that teachers look "nice" and this dress looks "nice". Then her daddy made her an awesome teacher name badge (like the teachers at her school wear). She said Ms. Blair has a key on her name badge too, so we found a key to put on hers. She was SO proud to wear her badge to school! It was really cute!

Here is a pic from Picnic with Parents Day a couple of weeks ago. Robbie and Hudson went to eat with La (I was working). It rained so the picnic had to come indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment