Saturday, January 15, 2011

Hoop Day!

Hudson's first basketball game with the YMCA was today! He has been so excited all week asking everyday, "do I have practice today? A game?" He slept in his jersey the day he got it! (And yes, it is an XS...but looks like it could fit a 7 yr old...easily!)
A few shots of him during shoot-around!
A quick pose for mom before gametime!
And yes, 7 is back! (His was number 7 in soccer.)
Taking the "YMCA" pledge
Really great idea....they wear matching colored armbands with someone on the other team. This is the person they are to be guarding. So, here they were explaining that to the kids.
He was waiting patiently...but I know he was thinking... "Throw me the ball, Camile!"
Guaurding his man...tell me he isn't in it to win it!
Getting to throw the ball in
Fast break!
Trash talking the opponent...."I'm four." I heard Hudson say with a bit of swagger!
Making a plan!
Rob heard Hudson say..."I'm gonna put some defense on you!"
He kept doing this and told me he was waiting for a rebound! He was after a double-double!
Go Hudson, Go!
Good game! Good game!
Hudson's team lost 18-10...
BUT guess how many point Hudson scored?!
Yeah, baby! All ten of them!
Or 5 "shoots" as he calls them.
(He had purple teeth from his after game snack!)
He played all four quarters (due to his fellow teamates suffering from a feelings "injury" and a shorts malfunction!) He took a big nap this afternoon!
He is ready for game 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment