Sunday, May 8, 2011

I'm a Happy Momma!

My mother's day might have been PERFECT! Which is going to make it hard to follow in the coming years! It started with my kids playing so sweetly together (while they "doctored" Mr. Horsey Bouncy Ball) allowing me to lay in bed and watch the news...which is my most FAVORITE way to wake up! Then I got up and ran two miles on my treadmill...which is my second favorite thing to do in the moring! Then we got dressed and went to our church..Keystone...which is one of my most FAV things, as well! The kids were looking super cute in their orange so we (by that I mean I) decided to try to grab a few shots. BUT, it was super windy and super bright...so they didn't turn out too great.





Hudson told me he wanted to pose for me...


...and pose he did!



















And then we met up with Rob and tried a new restaurant, Uncle Julio's Fine Mexican, for lunch! And the food was certainly FINE! We had fajitas and the meat was so tender it was just falling apart as it was sitting on the plate! Seriously! This is my new FAV mexican restaurant! Too bad it isn't super close!


Then home for some gifting! The kids set me with their usual celebratory fixins!


Cookie Cake...


...balloons, flowers and card! What more could a girl want! And this year I got a BIG card! I must have been a really good mom this year!





Lawson wrote her first anacronym for me at school:


M - My mom is nice.


O - Oh, she is so sweet.


T - she likes to drink tea (I guess the T was for tea on this line?)


H - her eyes are green.


E - Each day she takes care of me.


R - She is really nice. (again...she was a bit off...but I was super impressed!)


I just love it! Thank you, Lawson!This is the first year that Hudson wrote me a message in my card by himself. He wrote "To: Mom...I love you so much...From: Hudson" (Of course, Rob helped him with spelling) Thank you, Hudson! They are both seeming so grown up!


I am truly blessed with two amazing children! God outdid himself on these two! They are some of my most FAVORITE favorite things! Love em! Love em! I pray that God will continue to give me wisdom to be the mom they need and that they will see me loving God, loving others and loving life!
Then the mavs played game 4 against the lakers...and were leading the series 3-0. I was hoping for a lakers sweep to complete my day! It's often hard to watch a 3 hr basketball game...with a 4 and 7 yr old competeting for your attention. SO, I busted out a sun catcher painting project to keep them busy! It worked! They were occupied for most of the game!




AND...


J.J., Jet, Dirk, Tyson, Kidd and the rest of the Mavs CRUSHED the Lakers in Phil Jackson's final game to complete the series sweep! 122-86! They RAINED the 3's! They made 11! It was the most spectular Mavs game I've every seen...and I watched almost everyone since 2000. (Yeah, the Mavs are another FAV! I'm a true MFFL!)


"Oh no! We got swept!"




Yes, yes you did Kobe!Thank you, Mavs, for such a wonderful Mother's Day treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment