Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Our Butterfly Project

Lawson and Husdon both learned about the butterfly life cycle in the past few weeks at school.  I remembered actually purchasing a kit where you watch caterpillars change into butterflys.  I asked the kids if they had done this project in their classes.  They said no....so I was off to the computer to order the kit.  I knew they would love it!  It is pretty amazing...even to me!  They checked the mailbox every day!  They couldn't WAIT for it to arrive!
Here are some pics from beginning to end!  It took about 3 weeks. One week as caterpillars and one week in their chrysalis and one week as butterflys before they die.  Short...but interesting...life!



 Our first butterfly!
 Lawson adding more sugar water (their food) onto their flower.
 And of course they were both a bit sad to release them.  (Especially Lawson.)   



This project reminds me of HOW big my God is!  Thinking of all the creatures he made...and all the intricate details!  WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment