Sunday, December 20, 2015

December Randoms


The weekend after Thanksgiving we put up our Christmas decor!  Finding all of our Christmas boxes amongst the sea of storage boxes in our garage was miraculous!  The kids had fun decorating their own trees!  This is a fun tradition that I am so glad I started when they were little.
We bought a new tree a few years ago when we lived in Bryant.  We had 12 foot ceilings in that home.  I believe this tree was 11 ft.  However, the current home we are leasing has 10 foot ceilings.  We still have an old 7 foot tree...but I feared it would look tiny and sad.  Rob had a great idea of tyring to just leave out one of the sections on our big tree.  I was so suprised that worked!  And it was the pefect height! 
Loved my simple Christmas font porch! 
One morning when I cam into work this little christmas poinsetta was waiting for me on my desk.  Made my workspace festive.  I work with the nicest folks!
The month of December was filled with much milder and sunny days than normal.  We had to get out and enjoy them!
The was our first Christmas in Bentonville.  The town square was just coated in lights.  We took a trip to the Walton Museum soda shop one evening for ice cream and enjoyed the sights!
Hudson talked Robbie into re-assembling his basketball goal for him.  Within 10 minutes I came out to discover that a game had formed with neighboring kids!  Love that for him!
My Christmas Cuties!
So, this was the first year that the kids were not just super excited to go see Santa.  I made them go because I wanted the picture!  Not ready to give up that yet!  We usually bring wish lists complete with photos of the requested items when we go see Santa.  Kids didn't want to do that this year.  So, of course Santa, asked them what they wanted for Christmas.  Hudson quickly rattled off a few things.  Then it was Lawson's turned.  She said breezily "I don't know...I'll have to thinka bout it."  I bet that was a new response for Santa.  #1 - most kids have given some thought to what they want before they go.  #2 - most kids can quickly come up with SOMETHING that they want on the spot!  Oh, Lawson!  Funny girl! (Side note:  This was the BEST Santa ever.  He showed the kids Rudolph's harness, had a photo book of his reindeer, and even told funny christmas jokes!)
We enjoyed our yearly visit by our elf, Max.
One day Hudsoon left him a note asking if he could have the "elf touch" for one day.  Apparently, other elves of some his friends had been granted this priviledge.  Max obliged!  This might have been THE highlight of their holiday season.  After eyeing that elf for years, they finally got to touch him!  He rode in our car with us that day to and from school.  He even went into my office because Lawson didn't want me to leave him out in the cold car.  My co-workers might think I'm crazy!

Before Max went back to the North Pole, he left behind Chuck E Cheese Gift Cards for the kids.  They were so excited because their mom NEVER takes them there anymore! 
Because of their ages, they do not have many common interests these days.  I caught them several times this doing things together.  Did this momma's heart good!
I had a couple of ornament crafts up my sleeve to keep Lawson busy during the first few days of Christmas break.  Her and I each made one of the sequin ornaments.  They took about 2 hours to complete.  She liked them so much she wanted to make one for each of her grandparents as well!
<
My mom sent home a box of old pics with me that were found at my grandparents house that we had send them through the years.  I have never put these going home photos of my kids next to each other before.  I dressed them so similarly!  Love the blue/pink, comfy/cozy knits, and sweet white baby shoes!  And I love that they are laying so similarly in these pics! 
And this one of Lawson caught me eye.  Her face has "this is going to change everything" written ALL over it!  They are so sweet I can't stand it!









No comments:

Post a Comment