Monday, December 13, 2010

My Baby is a Bike Rider

A few weeks back (before Thanksgiving) we took Lawson's training wheels off and held on to her bike while she pedaled up and down the sidewalk. She was pretty stable but she wasn't ready for us to let go. We got busy with Christmas and haven't gotten bike to the bike.

As we were playing outside this afternoon, she said, "Mom, I'm gonna try to ride my bike all by myself. I'll just put my feet down if I'm gonna fall." I said, "go for it!" And she did! On her maiden voyage she rode about 5 feet. And from there she just kept going farther and farther! Really exciting! On of my favorite accomplishments of hers so far! I remember learning to ride my bike...and it just feels so good when all of a sudden it clicks and your riding!

Hudson was really impressed too! He was just in awe of her "balancing". At one point, he had to run inside to potty. He said, "Mom, pause her." He didn't want to miss her riding! How sweet and funny is that! (My kids don't watch much TV do they! Ha!)

Way to go, Little La!

1 comment:

  1. this kind of made me tear up (why do the holidays get me super emotional!)... can't believe la is so big! and i think riding without training wheels is a major accomplishment/milestone!!! tell her we said way to go!!

    ReplyDelete