Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow Day turned into Mini Winter Vacay!

We got ice and snow on Tuesday morning and the temperatures have been around 15-20 degrees all week. So, all the roads have been covered in several inches of ice all week. School has been cancelled for the past 4 days (I can't remember that ever happening here in Texas!)....which means Rob and La have been a nice little break! My preschool was closed on Tues and then just open for limited hours Wed-Fri. We had a handful of kid each day....so I enjoyed an easy workload and was home earlier than normal each day! The kids have gone out to play every afternoon but due to the extreme cold...everything is just ice...which isn't as fun as snow...but still fun!
Then this morning I awoke to this magical sight!
I love snow! We got about 4 inches. (As much as I LOVE Texas, I should probably live in Colorado because I love the cold and the snow and really don't enjoy any temperature over 87.)
I ran out to snap these few pics before I left for work. Snow makes things seem so quiet and peaceful!
Most people I have talked to around are suffering from cabin fever. I, however, have loved every minute of this week! I have savored the slower pace and the fact that we didn't have any real agenda (other than me working a few hours). No homework, going outside to play whenever we want, no scrambling to get kids to gymnastics or ball practice, not having to wake up at 5am, letting the kids pass their bedtime to watch the mavs game with us (which they LOVE doing BTW), etc. It really has seemed like a winter vacation came to us! Here are a few pics from our easy going week!



I have gotten really good at bundling up my children to play outside. The first day I think it took me an hour to figure out what everyone was going to wear and get them dressed in all their layers! But, I think all four of us can pull off the feat in about 15 minutes now!
Our mission today was to build a snowman. The snow was pretty powdery but with a lot of effort we managed to pull it off!
The kids wanted to each make a snowman...but with the challenge of getting the snow to roll up...we realized there was only going to be one snowman. Hudson really wanted a boy snowman and Lawson wanted to make a girly one....so we comprimised and made a...
SNOW CLOWN!





It was getting dark and Lawson was hosting a photo session with the snow clown.
Her fingers had to be SO numb!

1 comment:

  1. nat! we can move to colorado together! because i agree - i LOVE the cold and the snow. and no agenda - like no big deal if we want to stay in our pjs and run through the house all day and watch movie after movie! and i am so with you on not really liking weather above 87. i kinda get offended by people who say the snow is disgusting and they hate it. i'm not sure i can be friends with those people. :)

    ReplyDelete