Friday, May 31, 2013

Last Day of School / Kinder Graduation

Today IS the last day of school!  We have very mixed feeling about it at our house...Lawson doesn't want school to be out for summer.  She really likes going and seeing her friends everyday.  Hudson thought he wanted school to be out for summer...he changed his mind this morning as he was getting dressed and started saying that he didn't want it to be the last day.  However, we ARE excited about lazy mornings and many hours logged at the pool! 
 Here's a little first day of school to last day of school comparison for this year!   Look how blond they were in the fall! 



Hudson had Kindergarten graduation this morning.  Oh....the tears I shed!  I didn't cry or get emotional about Hudson starting kinder this year...I guess I made up for that today.  I LOVE kindergarten...it's such a fun year...so many parties and dress up days!  And it's just SO stinkin cute...the classroom, the art projects, the songs they come home singing, the way they adore their kinder teacher, listening to your child as they learn to read, and reading things they write at school.  I just love having a kid in kinder! I won't have anymore kindergartners...and my baby is in 1st grade!  That is SO much older sounding.  I absolutely loved this school year for both the kids...and I am having a hard time seeing it come to an end.  I'm sure I'll love next year too...but today I have glassy eyes and a red nose!





All four kinder classes sang 2 songs and then each teacher came up and handed out her diplomas.
Way to go Hudson!  We are so proud of all you accomplished this year! (Love how he put his certificate under his arm so he could clap for each one of his classmates!)
Then we went back to his classroom to watch a DVD slideshow that his teacher had put together.  More Kleenex please!  Whew!  Teachers don't make it easy on us "right on the edge of tears" moms.

Then Mrs. Whitfield teared up saying what a wonderful year this had been for her and how she was going to miss them.  Killing me!
Hudson wanted to get out of his desk and go sit front row on the carpet to watch the slideshow.  He was glued to it!
 Awww...I almost had to pay them money to get this shot! They were super reluctant to show this kind of affection publicly!


 I LOVE this little boy.  In his class memory book he made at school, he wrote that his favorite part of school was "doing his work."  And I believe it...everything he brought home had the most perfect handwriting, most detailed coloring job and was cut and glued to perfection.  He was a leader in class...called on by Mrs. Whitfield on many occasions for special responsibilities and privileges.  So proud of you Hudson!

















Here are a few clips from the graduation.  Hudson is on the back row to the right of the kid in the bright orange shirt.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment