Sunday, July 26, 2009

A lot of fun was had this weekend...

by some HUGE American Idol fans!
My sister text messaged me on Tues (last week) and told me she had an extra ticket to the American Idol Live concert in Little Rock! I was able to go and join her and her friends and we had a fantastic time!
I have watched the show faithfully since season one. I will never forget watching Kelly Clarkson beat out Justin Guarini. I was new to Reality TV then....and it just seemed like the biggest TV moment ever! Of course, Kelly Clarkson is still my all time favorite idol. I have watched EVERY season since....but some years I remember feeling very underwhelmed with the top 10.
This year however renewed my faith in the show! The top 9 (sorry Michael Sarver...just not feeling ya) all brought such incredible talent and fun personality niches!
And for the first time American Idol became a "family" show at the Buie house. Our kids LOVE music and they couldn't wait for it to be Tuesday so they could watch their favs sing a new song. Lawson really wanted Allison to win this year and Hudson was a Kris and Megan fan.
This top 10 group has SO much talent and put on an fantastic show!
For me, the highlights were....
-Anoop singing My Perogative
-Allison and Adam singing Slow Ride
- Megan singing Put Your Records On
- Matt singing Hard to Handle
- Allison singing Cry Baby
- Danny singing PYT
- Kris singing Ain't No Sunshine

MEANWHILE...
my mom and dad were the best baby sitters ever!
Check out all the fun things they planned for Lawson and Hudson in Texarkana.
Taking a spin in cousin Reese's hot pink mustang!
Enjoying a picnic dinner...."Open up Reese!"
Swing batter batter!
Our own waterpark!
Bananna Split Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment