Monday, September 21, 2009

Funny Things

Hudson got a Lego table that reverses to a
dry erase table for his birthday.
(I was not sure I was going to tell them about the dry erase side....sounded pretty messy for a 5 and 3 year old. But Lawson knew what it was and explained it to Hudson. So they have both been requesting dry erase markers all weekend.)
Hudson and I were headed to Albertson's when the following conversation took place.

Hud: Where are we going now?
Me: Albertson's
Hud: Can we get the markers for my table now?
Me: Yeah, we can buy those at Albertson's.
Hud: And I need a race car.
Me: No, we aren't going to get a race car today. Just markers.
Hud: But I need a race car....and markers.
Me: You have plenty of race cars at home, but we can get the markers.
Hud: I don't have a race car at home.
Me: Sure you do. You have a lot of little race cars at home. Remember?
Hud: If I don't get a race car with my markers, I won't be able to clean off the table.
Me:........(quiet while I am trying to figure out the logic to his statement)........(then a light bulb goes off above my head)........oh, you mean an ERASER?!
Hud: Yeah, I need an eraser.
Me: Yes, we can get an eraser to go with your markers.

Made me laugh out loud!

The lady who checked us out had a feather duster in her back pocket. Hudson leaned over to me with a completely serious face and said, "She has a funny tail."
Again, made me laugh out loud!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know many people that make being a parent look as great as you guys do.

    ReplyDelete