Saturday, December 8, 2012

Free Trolley Day at the River Market















We heard on the news that today was FREE trolley day in the River Market and that Santa would be there.  We decided to check it out...Lawson still needed to deliver her letter to Santa.  (Hudson took his to Santa at the library on his class field trip.) We weren't sure what time to arrive...so we just showed up about 10am.  AND we lucked into randomly parking at the trolley stop where Santa was...and we walked up to be first in line.  Awesoome!




















We rode the trolley over the river to the outdoor ice skating rink.  This was the first time Lawson and Hudson tried to ice skate.  And probably my second time  (first time was probably 20 years ago at the Galleria Mall in Dallas.)

















We weren't quite sure what to expect.  Our neice, Morgan, went with us.  And she was our little expert.  Nonie and Poppa treated us to the ice skating and were our photographers!  Thank you SO much!
















Hudson's first wipe out!





 














My main goal was to avoid falling down, of course.  NOT because I would be embarassed...but because I did NOT want wet pants.  Yuck!  And I didn't think I could get back up from the ice on my skates without having something to hold on to...which might require me crawling to the side....and THEN I would be embarassed!  Luckily I never fell!  Sigh of relief!














Obstacle! How does that even happen!  Hudson fell quite a bit...but it was because he had no fear or respect for the ice!  Just went for it full blast!





























Such a magical moment.  This gazebo with its wooden roof, the giant lighted wreath, the cool air, the Christmas music, the fun! 






















Lawson and I faking a fall! I might have a career in acting!














Tired, happy kiddos, riding the trolley back to our car!  Fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment