Sunday, December 23, 2012

Pics from Rock Creek Services

Today was the Christmas communion and candlelight service at our church.  I love the candlelight service for so many reasons.  I love reflecting on how willingly Jesus came to a dark world to be the light.  I love how beautiful and pure the light is...like Jesus.  I love how captivating the light is.  I glance around and people are usually staring at their candles.  That captivation is a visual for me of how you feel once you really "SEE" Jesus and fathom the grace he has been extended.

 I used to think of the Christmas story so much more of just a neat story about how God sent Jesus into the world.  In the last few years, the Christmas story has become a celebration of rescue.  A story that shows me how much a big God cares and loves about a messed up me.  The ultimate love story....whom all involved paid a high price.  Joseph and Mary were looked down on and considered scandals of their day due to circumstances that would not make sense to others.  Ultimately, Mary would witness his Crucifixion.  God pained by the way his son was mocked and rejected for most of his earthly life...and although powerful enough...chose not to spare him from it.  And Jesus choosing to carryout his Father's will...enduring shame, unspeakable pain, and separation from His Father.  Oh praise the one who paid my debt and raised this life up from the dead!


Robbie led the music for this service.  Just himself and his keyboard.  God uses him in a very powerful way to engage others in worship...even with such a simple pure set.  So, glad we are at Rock Creek and he is able to use his God-given gift.


 


 

This is a pic I snapped at the Christmas Eve service. The stage was beautiful.  Those trees could change from blue to red to green to white.  The pictures do not do justice...can't capture the "twinkle" or the moment.  But, it gives you an idea. Love celebrating the Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment