Tuesday, August 18, 2009

La makes me laugh!

(I apologize in advance for any nightmares these Dollar Store piggy banks may cause you! I could not take a photo of them that did not make them look super CREEPY! They are really quite cute....you will just have to take my word for it!) So...
I was explaining to Lawson tonight about how we are going to start giving her a weekly allowance.
And here is what transpired next:
La: Why do I have three banks again?
Me: One is to put the money you are going to give to God in, one is to save for a long time like until your 16 and want to buy a car, and one is to spend whenever you want.
La: But we don't have to give our money to God if we don't want to, right?
Me: No, God doesn't make you give it. But the bible tells us that God asks us to give a small part of our money back to him. And obeying God is always the right thing to do. Also, it helps churches pay for electricity, bible story books, craft supplies, water for the bathroom, help other people and lots of other important things.
La: But we don't have to if we just want to keep it ourselves.
(I wish she came by generosity more willingly. It's something we are working on with her....but at least she has the honesty thing down!)
Me: Again, we want to always obey God. It's the best way to live. Since you are always in your Sunday School class you probably haven't seen me and daddy give our money to God. But we give our money during church too.
La: You do? (with a look of shock) What do you do....like throw it up on the stage? Like we do the alligator at Rain Forrest Cafe?
Me: (laughing hysterically at the visual she just gave me!) No, we don't throw it on the stage!
La: Oh, I thought maybe you threw it on the stage, then Mr. Lee would pick it up, juggle it and then throw it up to God!
(Now, we are both laughing! I went on to explain to her that it wasn't quite that exciting. We simply put our money in a basket that is passed around.
However, I wonder if more people would tithe if they could throw their money on the stage!)

No comments:

Post a Comment