Monday, August 24, 2009

You've come a long way baby!

Can this REALLY be the same child??!!It seems like just yesterday!
I stole an idea and plan to capture the first day of each grade like this.
I think it will be a fun way to watch her grow!
Little Miss Independent on her way to class!
Lawson and her cool school!
Her cooperation with my photo-taking is starting to wear out!
Her Daddy had to resort to tickling her!
Her CRAZ-O brother can always make her smile!
I took a shot of her after we had walked out into the hall.
She is busy with her play-doh.
On a side note.....I can't believe I managed this morning without a tear!
I was very impressed with myself!
Here is Ms. Blair bringing her to the car after school!
I was SO happy to see her!
Ms. Blair said, "She had a great first day. She is very popular. All the little girls wanted to play with her." Seemed like quite the compliment.
She hopped in the car, buckled her seatbelt and quickly joined her brother in watching a movie. So, my 1000 questions regarding her day had to wait! Torture for a mom!
We went home and celebrated her first day of Kindergarten with an ice cream party!
Here I am trying to get the "scoop" on her day!
She told me...
-that she really liked it!
- that she couldn't remember the friends' names in her class.
- that Ms. Blair read them a book but she couldn't remember what it was about.
- she went to gym, sat on a line and it was boring.
- that her favorite part of the day was when Ms. Blair showed them how she wanted them to color their own pictures by coloring on an overhead projector (I'm assuming). She said she liked to see how good her teacher could color.
- that she no longer wants to bring her lunch but wants to BUY her lunch. (which doesn't surprise me....she is her mother's daughter, and the urge to "buy" is in her blood!)
Here is her daily schedule:
8:00 Welcome
8:10 Circle Time
8:40 Reading
10:05 Co-Cur
11:10 Lunch
11:45 Recess
12:50 Math
2:45 Centers
3:00 Dismissal

No comments:

Post a Comment