Saturday, October 30, 2010

Fear Conquered

No, I have NOT digitally inserted Lawson and Hudson into this pic with Chuck E Cheese! We went to a birthday party for a friend of Lawson's on Saturday and Lawson FINALLY conquered her life long fear of Chuck E Cheese!
Lawson got invited to her friends birthday party at Chuck E Cheese and so we decided to all tag along. Mostly as moral support. She really LOVES to celebrate birthdays but she is has always been super freaked out by the Chuck E Cheese mascot that walks around and visits with the kids. The fear seems to have gotten worse in the last few years. She used to love playing at Chuck E Cheese and then just tried her best to avoid the mascot. But now, as she has gotten older, I think the fear has just grown in her mind...to the point that she can't bring herself to go to Chuck E Cheese! Hudson has been saying he wants his next birthday party at Chuck E Cheese....so I wanted to encourage Lawson to be okay with going there. (So, she will be able to attend her brothers birthday party!)

So, after being a little clingy initally....she realized that hte mascot wasn't out and the kids had fun playing all the games!


Then, it was party time....and she got pretty tense because she realized that Chuck E would be coming out soon! She actually coudn't even eat her pizza!

Still tense....notice her smile

THEN Hudson decided he was going to give Chuck E five. And out ot the blue Lawson said. "me too!" She did it and just had this look on her face like "what was the big deal about that!' For the next 30 mins, La and Hud followed him around asking for hugs and high fives over and over! I'm sure Chuck E was G-L-A-D glad to see them go!
On the way out she said in the most teenage way..."If I get invited to another Chuck E Cheese party, I am SO going!"
And her and Hudson have both told me they want to have their next birthday parties at Chuck E Cheese! So, I guess that makes planning easy for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment